A girl has told the Old Bailey how she was seduced and turned into a sex slave by an older man at the age of 11.
The witness, now 19, was giving evidence at the trial of nine men accused of grooming children and exploiting them for sex in Oxford.
She said she was raped by Mohammed Karrar in 2005 when she was 11. She had gone to a flat “to chill” and said she was given drink and drugs, then raped.
The men deny 51 charges including rape and trafficking from 2004 to 2012.
In court the witness, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said she fell in love with Mr Karrar and thought they were in a relationship.
“At the time I thought it was my choice and it was fine, but years on I can see I never had a choice,” she said.
“He told me he loved me. He said he would take me to Saudi Arabia when I was 15 and marry me.
“I believed him at the time.”
She said she was also introduced to other men and told to perform sex acts on them.
The witness is one of six alleged victims in the case and, like one of the others, she claimed she was forced to have an illegal abortion in a back-room in Reading.
The trial is expected to last until April. The defendants are all in custody.
The defendants are:
- Kamar Jamil, 27, formerly of Aldrich Road, Oxford
- Akhtar Dogar, 32, of Tawney Street, Oxford; and his brother
- Anjum Dogar, 30, of Tawney Street, Oxford
- Assad Hussain, 32, of Ashurst Way, Oxford
- Mohammed Karrar, 38, of Kames Close, Oxford; and his brother
- Bassam Karrar, 33, of Hundred Acres Close, Oxford
- Mohammed Hussain, 24, of Horspath Road, Oxford
- Zeeshan Ahmed, 27, of Palmer Road, Oxford
- Bilal Ahmed, 26, of Suffolk Road, Maidenhead